Hands Homestead
Book details
- Title
- Hands Homestead
- Author
- Frederick Neal Page
- Publication year listed
- 1909
- Format
- Public domain eBook
- Reading access
- Free online reader; no registration required
- Source record
- View on Archive.org
About this book
Hands Homestead
Year: 1909
Type(s): Photograph Physical Description: b&w Source: The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 38 Notes: "As it appears at present [1909], after being rebuilt by its present owner and occupant, Mr. Fleming. It is now familiarly known as the Fleming Homestead." The Hands Homestead was on the east corner of Main Street and Church Street. Main Street ran south from Huron Church Line to Detroit Street where it became Bedford Street. Church Street ran west from Huron Church Line to Main Street. It was built in 1780 and then partially destroyed by fire, January 1st, 1900, before being re-built the same year. The land on which it was built was originally part of an Indian Reserve. Place(s): Sandwich (Ontario)Windsor (Ontario) Rights: Public Domain Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library. Archives and Special Collections