Drilling The Awkward Squad
Book details
- Title
- Drilling The Awkward Squad
- Author
- Frederick Neal Page
- Publication year listed
- 1838
- Format
- Public domain eBook
- Reading access
- Free online reader; no registration required
- Source record
- View on Archive.org
About this book
Drilling The Awkward Squad
Year: 1838
Year: 1838 Type(s): Illustration Physical Description: b&w Source: The Township of Sandwich: Past and Present (1909) by Frederick Neal. Page 110 Notes: c. 1838; "In front of the Old Stone Barracks, lot 9, west side of Bedford Street, Sandwich [at Huron Street]. The last detachment of British Regulars that occupied this building was the 24th Regiment of Foot. The building was also used at different times for public and grammar school purposes." The stone barracks were built in 1814 (possibly earlier in 1808?) and demolished about 1868; site of Western District Grammar School (established 1808) and later Sandwich Public School and General Brock Public School. Subject(s): Barracks Military Military Buildings War of 1812 British 24th Regiment Schools General Brock Public School (Windsor) Western District Grammar School (Sandwich) Bedford Street (Windsor) Sandwich Street (Windsor) Huron Street (Windsor) Sandwich Public School Place(s): Windsor (Ontario) Sandwich (Ontario) Rights: Public Domain Repository: University of Windsor. Leddy Library